We are always happy to consult at any point in the design and fabrication process to ensure the best outcome for fabrication. This is an overview of the process we have developed for producing high quality work to specification:
- First we discuss the application of the object that the client would like made, whether it is purely functional or highly aesthetic. When we have come to an agreement on what we are making and how, we discuss the quote, production schedule and deadline.
- We create a 3D model and drawing set, which allow the client to see the object virtually and understand how we intend to make it before we go into production.
- Once the client has approved this model, or given us notes for revision, we order materials and submit technical drawings to our team of fabricators.
- We then proceed to production, during which one of our highly-skilled craftsmen oversees the production of the piece to completion.
- When the piece is completed and approved by a project manager, we contact the client for pickup, delivery or installation.
We employ many specialized fabricators, including machinists, welders, finishers, and CNC tool operators. This allows us to produce a wide variety of metalwork, making objects that require many different skill sets.
While focusing primarily on art and architectural fabrication, 4th State remains diversified in both its clientele and skill set in an effort to handle almost any metal fabrication job that comes through the door. In 2015, we opened our second location in Poughkeepsie NY. This location is a multi building facility which houses several other craftsmen and trades.